- 18-Jun-2013 to 31-Oct-2013 (MST)
- Police Department
- West Valley City, UT, USA
- Part Time
Under the direct supervision of Child Safety Supervisor, crosses elementary school-age children to and from school and also during the noon Kindergarten hour.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Arrive at post five minutes prior to time to be on duty thus being able to turn on flashing lights in plenty of time.
- Spend required two hour (accumulated during day) at post.
- Cross all children to and from school using extreme caution in direction of movement across street.
- Wear regulation equipment each time at post.
- Maintain good relationships with the children at his/her crossing, exercising control over their behavior as they are under his/her supervision.
- Provide safe gap (not directing traffic unless absolutely necessary) for children to cross the street.
- Report any dangerous practices of motorists to Crossing Guard Supervisor and problems with students to proper school officials.
- Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Training by Supervisor in all aspects of job. Willing to work as substitute PRIOR to receiving regular post. Able to pass eyesight examination.
Moderate to heavy physical activity. Required to stand, walk, or sit uncomfortably for extended periods.
Intermittent exposure to stress as a result of human behavior. Willingness and ability to work overtime to meet work load of department when necessary.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!